Eye of Cthulhu
|Eye of Cthulhu|
|AI||4 (Eye of Cthulhu AI)|
|Damage||15 (23 after form change)|
|Defense||12 (0 after form change)|
|5-15||Lesser Healing Potion||1:1|
|1||Eye of Cthulhu Mask||1:7|
|1||Eye of Cthulhu Trophy||1:10|
The Eye of Cthulhu is likely the first boss the player will encounter. It will spawn randomly during the early game, or it can be summoned manually with a Suspicious Looking Eye, which can be found in chests or crafted from Lens.
The Eye of Cthulhu will have a 1/3 chance to spawn at the start of each night, assuming the following conditions are met:
- At least one player in the world has at least 200 life.
- At least one player has more than 10 defense.
- At least three Town NPCs are spawned.
- The Eye of Cthulhu has not yet been defeated in the current world.
The Eye of Cthulhu will "run away" and despawn at dawn. If this happens, there will still be the 1/3 chance to spawn again on subsequent nights (with the same conditions). Once killed, the Eye will drop items based on the naturally-occurring evil biome in the world (The Corruption or Crimson). Since the Eye does not drop Shadow Scales or Tissue Samples, the player must still defeat the respective early-game boss to obtain all of the Shadow/Crimson items.
The Eye of Cthulhu spawns Servants of Cthulhu in sets of three. These are really easy to kill, although they will get annoying if you leave them alive too long. Once half of the Eye of Cthulhu's life is depleted, it will transform into a second, more powerful form . If you attempt to use a Suspicious Looking Eye after you've already summoned it with the same item, nothing will happen and you will lose that item.
- Now drops Crimson Seeds in Crimson worlds.
- Can now drop the Eye of Cthulhu Mask.
- Now drops Crimtane Ore in Crimson worlds.
- Can now drop the Eye of Cthulhu Trophy and Binoculars.
- 1.0.6: Health reduced from 3000 down to 2800.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.
Related ThreadsEye of Cthulhu boss help - last post by @ Jan 10, 2012
EYE OF CTHULHU WORLD RECORD - last post @ Mar 20, 2013
This page has been accessed 34 times.